A medical company needed a better solution for a vital tool. This company produced Automated Endoscope Reprocessors (AERs), which require parts that can tolerate high temperatures, be sealed tight, and withstand frequent use.
The medical company was experiencing several critical parts issues:
- Fitment of doors was not smooth. There was some overlap inhibiting the doors from closing easily.
- Vacuum holes were present on very visible surfaces causing complaints from customers.
- Current supplier was not offering a much for help on the engineering side of things to fix these problems.
Their current thermoforming company did little to resolve these issues, so they began looking for a new partner. This led them to ICP.
ICP stepped in and worked closely alongside the Original Equipment Manufacturer’s engineers to arrive at solutions for their challenges:
- ICP recommended decreasing the starting thickness of plastic to help alleviate the issues with door fitment. Fit, look, and function were all improved with this process.
- ICP recommended texturing the mold to assist with hiding the vacuum holes. This tool side of this part is the visible surface, so vacuum holes will always be present; however, by adding a slight texture, these holes are very well hidden. This added texture also improved the part to show less scratching, etc.
- ICP stepped up to the plate and has now become an integral partner with sourcing and engineering on current and future projects by offering design assist engineering as well as manufacturability feedback and process selection.
The end result was a better product for the medical company, and satisfaction from their customers.
Connect With Award Winning Engineers Today.
Send us an email or call us to speak to a live person. Ask questions or discuss your specific application, and learn how we may be able to help you.
If you are not ready to Request a Quote at this time, we can serve you in many other ways: